Just for a little bit of fun…
aworkingmum was kind enough to nominate me for a Super Sweet Blog Award.
I’m rather gratified and a little shamefaced, because many of my posts really don’t qualify as Super Sweet. Perhaps an award for the Clueless Parent blog or A Tad Panicky post might be more apt. But hey, I am not complaining. I’ll take what I can get! :)
So this is me, passing on the love…
The rules for the award
- Thank the blogger(s) who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
- Nominate other blogs for this award and let them know.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Answer 5 questions:
- Cookies or Cake?
Cookies. I am rather partial to giant chewy choc-chip ones.
- Chocolate or Vanilla?
CHOCOLATE. Vanilla is acceptable, if only for the enhancement of the chocolate.
- Favourite sweet treat?
Hands down, the Cafe Grande Connoisseur Ice Cream. Here’s why: chocolate covered almonds. Hamana hamana hamana…
- When do you crave sweet things the most?
When I’m settling down with a nice pot of hot, black tea.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be?
For this, I had to ask the husband.
Me: “If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be?”
Tony: “If I had a sweet nickname?”
Me: No, the question is for me. If I had to be given a nickname pertaining to a sweet, what would it be? You know… sugar plum, gumdrop, honeybun…
Tony: What about “sweet cheeks”?
Me: Erm… I think that could be construed as something to do with my butt, and this is going to go on my blog, so…
Conclusion: we don’t know. My nicknames have never had anything to do with me being sweet.
- Drawings For Jade - a real charming blog and such a lovely idea capturing their life together through drawings
- Mum Turned Mom - new blog on the block, but already one I’m looking forward to reading more, because I completely identify with moving country.
- Lethargic Smiles – until I read her blog, I had no idea what POTS was or thought very hard about what it must be like to be young and living with chronic illness. This blogger has such a terrific outlook on life, though. No self-pity, and a real trooper about things.
- Twinzees – my figurative hat’s off to mothers of multiples! Also, this mama takes excellent photos, and manages to capture the moment both in word and image so well.
- Living, Loving, Laughing – a shout-out to now three-times mummy (well, the third one is very much on the way!) who has chronicled the life and times of her household almost every day this year in the 366 project! Such an achievement, especially when you realise that she suffers from acute morning sickness (yes, same as Princess Kate), and has two littlies whom Arddun adores.
And finally, a thank you again to aworkingmum, aka Shaiana (what a gorgeous name!) who is a cheerful single mother of two, and who still manages to kick massive monkey butt in Uni while looking rather awesome.
I love the blogosphere.